Windows XP is one of the most popular operating systems of all Windows operating systems. It has been thirteen years since the operating system was released to the public. Though Microsoft has come a long way with different operating systems, people are stuck with Windows XP. This is because it is easy to use and work around. Moreover, people prefer to be in their comfort zone when it comes to computers.
In order to help users better, Windows XP has the Windows XP help bubble. With the help of this, Windows gives tips and help whenever the user wants assistance. This help balloon also called as balloon tips is not only included in Windows XP but also in Windows Vista. This is designed with the best interest to help people who are novice computer users. At times, it might appear very frequently and interrupt your work. Nothing is more annoying than this and hence you might want to disable this feature from the computer.
While most of the settings can be changed from the Control Panel, it is not possible to disable help bubbles from it. You need to work on the system registry files to disable balloon tips in Windows XP. You need to make sure to take a backup before working on the registry files. Read on to know how to disable the help tips in Windows XP.
- Begin by taking a back up of the registry. Click on the Start button to the lower left corner of the screen.
- From the menu click on Run, which opens a small dialogue box. Enter in the space provided the following – %SystemRoot%\System32\Restore\Rstrui.exe and then hit Enter.
- Now click on the Create A Registry Point and then on Next. You need to type Registry backup or any other name for the restore point that you are creating. Click on Create and then Close, when you have completed creating the restore point.
- After this, click on Start and then chose Run, type regedit in the space provided and hit Enter. This opens the Registry editor window.
- With the help of the arrow keys on the keyboard, navigate to the location HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ Software\ Microsoft\ Windows\ Current Version\ EXPlorer\ Advanced.
- Next, you need to right click on the right pane and choose New from the options. Now choose Dword value. Change the value of EnableBalloonTips to 0 and then click on Finish. This will disable the help bubble notifications.
With these Windows XP help tips, you can get rid of the help balloon notifications that most often interrupt work in the computer.