Despite the advent of comparatively better UIs such as Windows Vista and Windows 7, Windows XP remains a favorite for many, thanks to its lesser number of errors and unmatched performance. And talking about Toshiba laptops, something to which most of us wouldn’t need an introduction; they offer the most efficient PCs at such competitive prices. As the Windows XP help team says, the Windows XP OS and a Toshiba laptop would in all cases make a healthy and effective combination. However, upon encountering any grave issues, you wouldn’t have an option other than reinstalling the OS- the point why this article has been written.
Reinstalling Windows XP on a Toshiba Laptop
Reinstalling the OS, as you might know, reverts the PC back to its default settings. Toshiba fortunately comes with a built-in hard drive utility that lets you reinstall the original OS without having to tediously rely on to a set of recovery disks or additional softwares. The reinstallation would resolve almost all the issues with your PC and give you the system afresh. However, as the Windows XP help team says, you would lose all your data in the process. As such, do create a backup of all your vital files and settings before initiating the reinstallation.
According to the Windows XP help team, the following steps are in order for reinstalling Windows XP on your Toshiba laptop:
- Commence the procedure by shutting down your PC.
- You may now turn on the PC and hold down the “0” key on your keyboard while the computer boots up. Hold the “0” key pressed down until the “Toshiba HDD Recovery Utility” appears on the screen.
- Press the “1” key on you keyboard to select the option that reads “Restore Original Factory Image”. As the Windows help team says, executing this option shall let you restore your Toshiba laptop to its original factory settings.
- Now click on “Yes” in the confirmation pop up to begin reinstalling your Windows XP OS.
- Finally, press any key on the keyboard once the reinstallation is wound up to restart the computer with the Windows XP operating system in place.
Well, that’s it! You’ve successfully reinstalled Windows XP on your Toshiba laptop.
For any further assistance, feel free to get in touch with Windows XP help.Google+