Windows XP happens to be an operating system that was released by Microsoft in order to be used on personal computers which includes home and business desktops, laptops, and media centers. It is now endowed with a brand new graphical user interface. It happens to be the first consumer oriented operating system.
You need to retrieve the WPA key in Windows XP. This requires you to login to your router’s configuration utility. You have to try and view the key in Windows. Windows is able to automatically encrypt your WPA key after first supplying it normally and will always display the key with the “*” character. Once you access your router’s configuration utility, you have to locate the key beneath the Local Networks wireless menu where the 13-character key displays without encryption. It is necessary that you memorize or keep track of this key, and for added security, change your WPA key every six months. Follow the instructions given below in order to retrieve the WPA key in Windows XP with Windows XP support.
Instructions to Retrieve the WPA key in Windows XP
- Initiate these instructions by clicking the “Start” button and click “Programs”.
- Following which, you need to select the “Internet Explorer” application shortcut.
- It is then required that you type your router’s IP address in the address box in the browser. You have to pres the “Enter” key or “GO” button. The router’s IP address is found on the underside of your router.
- Proceed to type in the user name as well as password in the manufacturer of the router. You have to click the “OK” button in order to log in to the
- Finally, you need to click the “Local Network” icon. Select the “Wireless” option. Your WPA key appears under the “WPA Key” section.
That concludes the instructions to be followed in order to retrieve the WPA key the WPA key in Windows XP with Windows XP support. Feel free to contact the Windows XP support center if you need further technical support. Also visit the corresponding website if you feel that the information in this article does not suffice.
I hope this article has been of assistance to you. Thank you for your time.